Examples of areas I can help you with
- How much money should I keep in cash versus invest?
- I support my lifestyle using my investment income. The investments are all I have and I don’t expect to go back to work. How should I be invested?
- I have more than enough assets for my needs. How do I invest for my children and grandchildren’s future?
- Most of my investments are in a single stock or two. What should I be considering?
- How should I be thinking about investment concepts such as:
– Expense Ratios?
– Asset Location?
– Custodians and Transactions Costs?
- I want to learn more about investing, but at my own pace. Can you help me?
- If I’m retiring in a few years, is there anything I can do now that will help minimize my taxes?
- Should I realize gains in my investment accounts this year if I can? Or, is it always better to delay realizing gains?
- How should I coordinate distributions from different retirement sources such as social security, pension plans, IRA accounts, and 401(k) plans?
- What should I consider when exercising my employer stock options?
- How do I estimate my future estate taxes or the next generation’s taxes when I’m making decisions about my investments and annual gifting?
- How will my divorce impact my taxes?
- I’m not sure what the best choices are for my employee benefits. Can you help?
- I haven’t worked in years, how can I restart my career?
- Do I need to keep working in order to get health benefits?
- I’m leaving my job, what happens to my stock options?
- How do I fund my lifestyle after I leave my job?
- Can I volunteer with a charity or work part-time and still fund my retirement goals?
- Can I retire in the next two years? Five years? More?
- I’d like to give my children money while I’m alive to see them enjoy it. What’s a good way to do that?
- One of my children needs more support than the other(s). How should I think about that?
- I inherited assets from my parents and need to coordinate with my siblings. How might our family work better together?
- I’d like to help support a family member or close friend and not have it ruin our personal relationship. What should I be thinking about?
- I’d like to give my younger grandchildren some money. Should I start a 529 account, fund a custodial account, give the money to their parents, or use some other strategy?
- I’d like to provide my children with an opportunity to become smarter about money. Can you help?
- How can I help my children buy a house? Should I use loans? Make them gifts? Become a co-signer?
1. Interest rates are so low right now. Should I pay off my mortgage?
2. My house is the last asset I want to sell. How can I make that part of my plan?
3. Do I have enough insurance if something happens to my house?
4. What about earthquake insurance? Do I need it?
5. I want to move. Am I better off selling my current home or renting it?
6. I inherited my parent’s house. What do I do now?
7. I’m buying a new house. Should I pay all cash? Get a large mortgage? Or, somewhere in between?
8. What should I be thinking about if I want to keep the house as part of my divorce settlement?