Examples of areas we can help you with
- Inflation headlines in the news have me worried. I remember the 1980s. Should I be doing something differently now?
- How much money should I keep in cash versus invest? Where should I keep my savings now that interest rates are moving up?
- I support myself with distributions from my investments. I don’t expect to go back to work. How should I be invested?
- Most of my net worth is in my employer’s stock. What should I be considering?
- How should I be thinking about investment concepts such as:
– After tax returns?
– Expense Ratios?
– Transaction Costs?
- I want to learn more about investing, but at my own pace. Can you help me?
- I’m planning to retire in a few years. Is there anything I can do now that will help minimize my overall tax burden?
- Should I realize losses in my investment accounts this year if I can?
- How should I plan for income taxes when I’m getting distributions from deferred compensation plans, pension plans, IRA accounts, 401(k) and/or 403(b) plans?
- What should I consider before exercising my employer stock options?
- How will selling my house affect my taxes?
- How will my divorce impact my taxes?
- How much should I contribute to my employer’s 401(k)? Should I choose a Roth 401(k) or a regular 401(k) if I have a choice?
- I’m considering changing jobs. How do I evaluate the pay and benefits?
- What happens to my stock options if I leave my job?
- I’m considering becoming self-employed, what should I be thinking about?
- How do I fund my lifestyle after I leave my job?
- Can I volunteer with a charity or work part-time and still fund my retirement goals?
- Can I retire now? In the next two years? Five years? More?
- Should I fund a 529 account for my children’s future college needs?
- One of my children needs more support than the other(s). How should I think about that?
- I’d like to provide my children with an opportunity to become smarter about money. Can you help?
- How do I help my children “stand on their own two feet” financially?
- How can I help my children buy a house? Should I loan them money? Give them a gift? Become a co-owner with them?
- I’d like to help my grandchildren. Should I contribute to a 529 account? Fund a custodial account? Give the money to their parents? Plan for a future distribution?
- I’d like to help support a family member or close friend and not have it ruin our personal relationship. What should I be thinking about?
- I inherited assets from my parents and need to coordinate with my siblings. How might our family work better together?
- My parents may need some help as they age. What should I be considering?
1. Interest rates are moving higher. Should I pay off my mortgage?
2. My house is the last asset I want to sell. How can I make that part of my plan?
3. Do I have enough insurance if something happens to my house?
4. What about earthquake insurance? Do I need it?
5. I want to move. Am I better off selling my current home or renting it?
6. I inherited my parent’s house. What do I do now?
7. I’m buying a new house. Should I pay all cash? Get a large mortgage? Or, somewhere in between?
8. What should I be thinking about if I want to keep the house as part of my divorce settlement?